September 23, 2020
Complete guide to travel with large Dog by Train
If you are planing to relocate your home from one city to other city along with large dog or even want to travel one city to other city with large dog by train then this post is dedicated to you. Must read and follow these rule while going to travel in a train or hire pet relocation services provider in your city.
- A passenger can carry small or big dogs like Labrador, boxer, German shepherd along with him in AC First Class or First Class only. The passenger has to reserve the whole compartment in the train.
- A passenger travelling in First Air condition class or first class may take a dog into the compartment only with the concurrence of fellow passengers on payment of charges mentioned above. The charges are prepaid. If fellow passengers subsequently object to the dog remaining in the compartment, it will be removed to the Guard’s van, no refund is given.
- For smaller dogs, there are dog boxes in other compartments where you can pay a minimal charge starting from Rs. 10 according to the weight of the animal and carry.
- Passengers can contact parcel office to make the bookings for your dog.
- Owners should make their own arrangements for water and food for the dog during the journey.
- Dogs detected unbooked with the passenger in Ist class compartments will be charged six times the Luggage scale rate subject to a minimum of Rs.50/-
- A lady travelling alone with children under 12 years of age in a first class compartment may take with her in the compartment one dog on payment of charges at the Dog Box Rates, subject to a minimum of Rs.10/-provided that if another lady enters the compartment, the dog can only be allowed to remain in the compartment with her consent.
- Any dog detected unbooked will be charged at double the dog-box rate for the distance up to the point of detection and at the dog-box rate for the distance beyond the total charge is subject to a minimum of Rs.20/- for each dog.
- Dogs are not allowed to be carried in ACC Sleeper Coaches, Acc chair car coaches sleeper class and second class coaches.If a dog is found being carried in contravention of this rule, it will be removed immediately to the brake-van and charges will be levied six times the Luggage Scale Rate subject to a minimum of Rs.50/-
- Large dogs which cannot be carried in the dog-box of a brake van will be carried in a special vehicle at the same rates and conditions as for horses.