Pre Move Survey is the method to get estimates or enquiry guide prices for your relocation at a new address. The survey is a sensible and correct way of obtaining information to prepare a quotation for your move. If you hire a trustworthy and reputed packing and moving company, they will reach your place at a discussed time and date during the call.
They will examine your home with you from beginning to endpoint room by room basis, observing and they will make a list of the items you would like to move. In this way you get a practical overview of your relocation process which reduce your moving cost along with simplifying the task of the movers.
How the Pre Surevey is done?
As per scheduled time pre move assessment team is there to estimate the volume and necessary services required for the move.
Here are the most important things they will document:
- The (weight* and) volume of the shipment if there is a case of air shipments.
- Any items that require special handling (e.g. piano, safe) or storage.
- Identifying the problems which might occur during the survey process in your property, including parking issues*
- Applicable to new destination as well
- A complete inventory of the shipment
- Any other logistics that are necessary to complete the move
- Packing/ unpacking services required
- Disassembly/ assembly of furniture
- Special wood crating for fragile/ valuable items
- Handy-man services*
- Vehicle transport (and thus vehicle details required)
- Pet transportation
- Requested dates for packing, collection, and/ or delivery
How to take the advantage of a pre move survey?
Pre move survey has it’s own advantage it is also necessary that you fully co-operate with the representative. All questions asked to you should be given correct answers. He will discuss the move with you. It is very important that you show him all the items that need to be packed and moved. Based on that the pre move assessor can also plan for proper packing supplies.
After the pre move survey, you get a estimate of your relocation job and you can also get detailed information about your packing and moving company which services you are going to hire. You get to know the company reputation, registration, experience, and its previous customers. In fact, pre-move survey is also the ideal time to find the credibility of the company to make your relocation.
What should you do during this survey?
Express any concerns about the handling of certain items
• Ask about what you will be required to do in regards to customs
• Confirm the timeline of the move
• Ask if there are any charges you can avoid by making your home more accessible
• Finalise all of your choices for the services you want
• Ask about insurance options (and own risk)
• Ask any question without any hesitation about your relocation process.