July 28, 2020
Problems with Furniture Moving for Long Distance
If you are planning to move a long distance with furniture, then it can be exhausting and even very difficult work. If that goes wrong then it can also damage the furniture. If you’re planning a move then follow these tips to move your furniture without doing damage to yourself or your furniture.
Before loading or unloading a furniture plan the labours accordingly.
- For- Always engage two people for moving difficult furniture like a tall dresser, filing cabinet or shelving unit. First, keep the furniture backwards at an angle and then let the first person carry the top while the other carries the bottom. This balances the weight to balance all the points at the centre and saves the item from falling out of hands. Transporting the item up or down stairs is easier too, since the carrying angle will roughly match the slope of the stairs.
- Let me another useful tip to save your floor from scratches while moving some small-sized furniture. Instead of carrying all of your furniture on you use a dolly with wheels to move your furniture very easily. A dolly is also very handy to protect your floors. Because you just have to roll the dolly instead of dragging furniture across hardwood or carpet.
- But how to safeguard a big piece of furniture from getting scratched while moving with a vehicle? Vehicles often get high jerks due to moving through uneven and damaged roads, potholes and bumpers. So, these jerks cause rough shifting of the furniture inside the vehicles. You can use a thick moving blanket or cardboard boxes wrapped around the furniture that will prevent any furniture from getting scratched.
- As we are living in the era of smart information, our furniture is also getting smart just like our smartphones.
There is an extra benefit rather than having to slide an entire piece of furniture throughout your home or apartment, you can instead take it apart and move the individual pieces. Moving the smaller components of one piece of furniture will allow you to carry them easily in hand without sliding them on the floor and probably damaging them.
- Take any doors between the room you’re clearing out and remove them off their hinges. This will give you more room to move over so that you’re reducing the chances of bumping into the walls.
This is the situation where Euro Packers and Movers come into the picture. You can contact the best packers and movers Kolkata for possible furniture moving solutions for you. You just fill out a simple form available on our website for you to use, and it is guaranteed to save you money in your move. Quotes that you receive from us tend to be cheaper than quotes received elsewhere. We are your perfect furniture moving partner to find the exact help that you need.